Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

I think it's fitting that the first blog entry should be posted the day after Memorial Day. It is important to remember all of those who have given the ultimate sacrifice so that we may live the 'American dream' and enjoy our daily freedoms.

What I hope to accomplish with this blog is to create a place to share my journey to Afghanistan with my family and close personal friends. Unfortunately, I'll be starting this about 6 weeks into my training at Fort Riley, Kansas, so what I'll do in the next couple of days is to give weekly summaries from the very beginning. I hope you will enjoy this blog as much as I will have writing it. Thanks again to my family and friends for supporting me.

1 comment:

  1. woohoo!! welcome to the world of blogging! thanks for sharing your experiences. can't wait to read all about your journey and safe return. love, joy

    ReplyDelete